I have a heavy briefcase-backpack. Everyone asks me why. My reason is that I have an overwhelming need to be prepared. So, if you want to check out the contents of a workaholic, overly prepared, frequent global traveler, check out my annotated picture on flickr:
[Stinky IE won’t show the picture embedded with annotations. You can see it on flickr here.]
My top 5:
- I love reading. I carry 2-3 magazines, and generally 2 books — one personal, one business.
- I love Moleskine, but needed something that was more portable and less expensive for daily use. Thus Moleskine’s Cashiers Diary
- Note cards, what good Southern girl is without notecards?
- Pens, my standby a Caran d’Ache in saffron and Visconti Wall Street
- My purple crayon
Important technology for me:
- A microphone and speakers for good quality conference calls.
- An Apple Airport so I always have my own wireless network.
- Bluetooth headsets for my phone and my computer. I pace while I talk.
- An extra battery for my laptop.
- My camera with Eye-Fi wireless SD card.
There isn’t a lot of room for anything else, but sometimes I do carry an umbrella!
What’s on my shirt today? One of my favorite CNN shirts:
This flight’s late 92.3% of the time
You can buy it here. I will tell you that your fellow passengers will like it, but the gate agents do not!
5 thoughts on “What's in my bag?”
So… you lug all that crap but not the actual laptop!? 😉
I love that you really have a purple crayon, that you are a paper person too (I always have that pocket-sized moleskine on me, but mine is unruled) and you are a reader.
This is making me think I should finally take a photo like this… Only problem with that is these days the bag I carry with me nearly everywhere is the crumpler 5 million dollar home and that is for the camera (a Canon 40D, w00t!) I suppose a more accurate assessment of my stuff is what crap is within reach of the library couch and coffee table…
HA! Jenny, my laptop is most of the weight. I should have shared, because I ❤ my ThinkPad T60 with extended battery). The.best.keyboard.ever. Since I'm not a mouse user, this is critical. It is rugged too. I don't treat it nicely and it has had few issues over the past two years. It also has a big screen, but not too big. Fits nicely in my Briggs & Riley bag. I'm a big fan of their bags (bought at ebags.com).
i love how you diagrammed everything in your bag. clever. i like to read a bunch, too. maybe a kindle is in our future?!
moleskin is expensive! that area is ripe for a ‘pepsi’ competitor.
overall, nice blog!
hey, this might be bit offtopic, but i am hosting my locality on hostgator and they determination keep in my hosting in 4days, so i would like to apply to you which hosting do you purpose or recommend?