I have a heavy briefcase-backpack. Everyone asks me why. My reason is that I have an overwhelming need to be prepared. So, if you want to check out the contents of a workaholic, overly prepared, frequent global traveler, check out my annotated picture on flickr:
[Stinky IE won’t show the picture embedded with annotations. You can see it on flickr here.]
My top 5:
- I love reading. I carry 2-3 magazines, and generally 2 books — one personal, one business.
- I love Moleskine, but needed something that was more portable and less expensive for daily use. Thus Moleskine’s Cashiers Diary
- Note cards, what good Southern girl is without notecards?
- Pens, my standby a Caran d’Ache in saffron and Visconti Wall Street
- My purple crayon
Important technology for me:
- A microphone and speakers for good quality conference calls.
- An Apple Airport so I always have my own wireless network.
- Bluetooth headsets for my phone and my computer. I pace while I talk.
- An extra battery for my laptop.
- My camera with Eye-Fi wireless SD card.
There isn’t a lot of room for anything else, but sometimes I do carry an umbrella!
What’s on my shirt today? One of my favorite CNN shirts:
This flight’s late 92.3% of the time
You can buy it here. I will tell you that your fellow passengers will like it, but the gate agents do not!