I wasn’t going to post this because I’m spilling the beans on some gifts I bought, but I can’t resist! I im’d Peter to share in my fun, but he must be asleep or singing or something. So, I just did some Christmas shopping on Spreadshirt. I know, I’m a terrible leader for adding my orders into the last-minute rush, but wouldn’t it be worse for my family to not have t-shirts as presents?
Here’s a sampling of what I did:
- Mom, substituting in her retirement gets: A lovely soft yellow shirt with “A teacher affects eternity” in metallic silver on the front with a rhinestone peace symbol on the back (she likes sparklies).
Dad, fisherman when he can gets: A chocolate (mmmmm) shirt with a black flock fish on the front and the saying “Even a fish wouldn’t get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut” in flock on the back.
- Lisa, my sister, gets: A chocolate (don’t shop while you are hungry) shirt with pink flock saying “Believe in the beauty of your dreams“. The believe is in Creampuff font and alone on a line.
- Jennifer, jr. high-aged niece, gets: A snuggly hoodie with “We must become the change we want. ~Ghandi” in silver on the front and a rhinestone peace symbol on the back.
- Caitlin, grade school-aged niece, gets: A black t with “Live the life you have imagined. ~Thoreau” and a red rhinestone heart on the front.
- Richard, uncle, gets: A navy polo with “I’m the decider. ~W” in the “logo” space, because I also get him a Bushisms calendar each year.
- Jane, aunt, gets: A chocolate (I really like chocolate) long sleeve t with pink flock that says “Practice diplomacy: Think twice, say nothing“. The “practice diplomacy” part is in Creampuff font. I like that font… and I’m still hungry!
That’s all I can tell you because some of the other folks might actually be reading this.
Hope these made you smile! I had a ball putting them together. Feel free to drop in your favorite quote or saying. I still have some more shopping to do! (Just FYI, Spreadshirt’s last day for holiday orders is the 18th for 2-day shipping and the 19th for 1-day.)
12 thoughts on “Sharing fun… some Christmas gifts revealed”
As I read this I’m feeling sorry for your husband as he’s not getting any attention here. How about you send him a shirt that says “You’re Handsome!”
Evan heard about it all real time… gotta love VOIP, since I’m in Germany.
But, Peter, on your suggestion, I wouldn’t even have to make one of those myself. There’s one available from one of our partners, BlueFishtshirts.com. But you knew that already didn’t you? 😉
You’ve finished more of your shopping than I have now, I think. I had to switch into Christmas card production mode, and it really is a production as I make them all by hand. Reading this, I’m thinking it would be much easier to send t-shirts next year…
Two favorite quotes (I have them on those quotable cards over my desk at home):
Leap and the net will appear ~zen saying
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face… Do the thing you think you cannot do. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
These are great ones!Eleanor said some awesome things. The “believe in the beauty of your dreams” is an adaptation of a longer quote from her.
One of my favs from her that I haven’t figured out how to make shirt-sized is (something like): Women and tea are alike… you never know how strong they are until you put them in hot water.
my favourite is the one about the diplomacy…
1 smile per piece 😉
I love that I know what flock means and that you’re buying ‘chocolate’ shirts.
My favorite quote: “Anything you dream you can do–BEGIN IT. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.”
And please, any shirt for Evan has to be black.
A very good idea to give slogans tees to relatives! Maybe they even reveal something about the way we see them or want them seen. It struck me that two of the slogans chosen imply the meaning “dont say too much” as in the fish part (hilarious!) and the diplomacy saying. Also, the saying “believe in the beauty of your dreams” might imply “go on dreaming” as does “Live the Life you have imagined”. “Your life may be happy or it may be sad, either way it is the same time span” is my favorite zen something. Merry Christmas to y’all!
Oh, you all are so wonderful! These are great sayings to add to my list for future shirts! THANK YOU!
Michel, you picked up on a trend in my family… it is related to me, not them. Every grade school report card, I got a check mark for “talks too much”. 🙂
Tara, I’ll tell you Evan’s shirt later, but yes, you know the color! Ahhh… such fond memories.
Love my Jefferson saying shirt, “I cannot live without books” … sooo on target! I’ve enjoyed seeing which shirts the others received. Great gift idea!
Here’s one I coined for those who are struggling to write their dissertations (may work for others too):
“It will never be perfeckt!”
or a variation:
“Perfect the goal, perfeckt the reality”
Great gift idea’s! Thanks!
Man I really want a t-shirt with “Even a fish wouldn’t get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut” – so funny!